PageGroup has a well-established Graduate Development Programme (GDP) which has been running for over 10 years. Recruiting graduates is a key part of our business strategy and we also run an 8-week summer internship to introduce under-graduates to the business and the role of a recruitment consultant. A number of our board of directors began their journey with PageGroup through this very programme.
Intern training - The PageGroup summer intern programme starts with two days of training to equip interns with the skills and knowledge to undertake specific aspects of the recruitment consultant role. The training covers basic sales skills, handling objections and how to interact with our candidates including gaining commercial information. Interns receive guidance, support, coaching and regular reviews, throughout their placement, from their manager and team. The scheme finishes with a day which enables you to share your experiences and successes with others on the intern programme.
Graduate training - Our GDP is structured across a six month period to provide graduates with the support and development they need to be successful at PageGroup. The programme also enables you to build a strong peer group with other graduates joining at the same, it consists of:
- Induction day - Your induction day is designed to welcome you into the business. It gives you insight into the business and the role of a recruitment consultant while introducing the basic sales skills and terminology
- Sales Academy 1 - After two months with PageGroup You will be invited to attend our two day sales course, focused on mastering the art of selling. You'll learn how to develop the right mindset and get to grips with our LACMAC sales structure.
- Workshop 1 - One month on from SA1, this interactive workshop includes a refresher on the key techniques learnt and enables you to develop them through practicalapplication exercises focused on calling candidates.
- Workshop 2 - Another month into your time with us you'll attend Workshop 2; this time focussing on effective buisiness developemnt and handling client objections.
- Graduation day - All of our graduates who join the GDP in that year get together for a day of celebration which includes training, sharing successes and plenty of fun.